Peeks

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Patience is a virtue, drawing is a challenge.

Okay, so you have decided to pick up a pencil and draw something.

I think what we need to establish is that one cannot simply pick up a tool and expect to be good at it. I was thinking about my ukulele today. I CAN actually play some of the songs in my Beatles book, but in saying that previously they were on the tricky side. I started off on my own, working out all the different chords and the finger positions and even the strums, even singing along was challenging because reading the music and co-ordinating the words was hard. I was really tricky. I just kept going. I am no expert at playing the ukulele, but I do practice at it and slowly, I am getting it right.

So, I hope that by picking up a pencil, this means that you will commit yourself to regular practice. You will improve.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment