Peeks

Thursday, June 16, 2011

IF - Swept

A very late response to this weeks word, as it is early Friday morning in the US and all the people who run this are probably asleep.

Anyways, I have been thinking about this for some time (well the week) and finally got to doing it. This illustration is unorthodox in terms of the canvas and tools, but I had fun doing it and it was a new experience.

My canvas was the drive way, my tools were a bucket of water and a outdoor broom, and the picture was swept into the concrete using water. The image is a girl crying. Because of course, there is the word Wept in Swept! Following another earthquake, the thought of using a broom/shovel to clean the liquefaction from a driveway can invoke tears and frustration. So this is a tribute to the people in East Christchurch, who have to do it all again. Kia Kaha, Christchurch. How does San Fran cope with moving faults.

Here is how I did it!
Please note that all images are copyrighted 2011 Niki Maritz

SWEPT - SHE WEPT AND SHE WEPT!

10 comments:

  1. I really love your interpretation of the IF theme this week! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rhianna! I love your Etsy Shop. I had a look, it's inspiring me to get my stuff up there. Just looking for a method to do what I was thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant idea..amazing..well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a Friday Favorite! Yay! http://hello7arts.com/blog/2011/06/friday-favorites-swept/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks Ruth, that is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Rod. It was pretty cold when I went out, fun though. Although with this stuff, you can never know what the end result will be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is super creative. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Oliver! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete