Peeks

Thursday, April 4, 2013

My landing strip

I recently spoke about a landing strip. A place to put my keys, sunglasses, phone, wallet and mail.

It's the place where you come home and dump your stuff tidily. It's also the place where you stop the outside world from coming in. Dirt, papers, bills, etc.

Here is mine. I put up a mirror, a key holder which I made for a whole $2 a table I bought ages ago serving as a place to put stuff and a shelf to put my bags under and now all we need is a few hooks to hang jackets or bags. I also bought a nice bag which I put a bin into for recycling and papers to be discarded at the door.

Here it is.

I made all of this happen with things I already have.

It's still a work in progress but I feel like I am getting there. My ideal is to have 3 places for each of our family members bags and jackets and hats. Each hook should cost on average $6 and I want to mount them on a piece of wood which is covered with a patterned geometric designed fabric to add interest.

Show me yours. This idea originated from the Apartment Therapist, Maxwell from ApartmentTherapy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment